Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Come and Get It.

President Bush is getting back from his whirlwind tour of the world, well maybe not whirlwind but it sounds good, and according to the press he has a "battle" on his hands trying to get this new immigration bill passed. This bill has been a hot topic for a while now, with both Republicans and Democrats disapproving of it. Wow just imagine this, something that Republicans and Democrats agree on. Well from what I’m reading most of the opposition is coming from the GOP as they see this bill as amnesty. I don’t know how paying a fine and being forced to go back to your country of origin for 7- 13 years to become a U.S. citizen is amnesty, but hey who am I? What I do know is that this bill is the best solution to the country’s immigration problem to come along in a long time, if ever. The truth is that we have and estimated 12 million Illegal Immigrants, not 12 million Mexicans, although I never see Chinese immigrants riding on lawnmowers, they just hide out in buffets. But the question is what we do. We can’t just make them all legal, with no fines because would be amnesty, and we can’t deport them because that would be unrealistic. So we’re left with more than 12 million illegal immigrants in our country, what to do, what to do. Those folks in Washington better get it together, either pass this bill or come up with something better. God forbid if some members from opposition parties cross party lines. I don’t care what happens just make something happen, and fix this problem.

And what’s up with this Cheese Heroin. I saw a story about this on Nightline a few weeks ago and today on CNN. Apparently it’s very cheap and its big in Big D, (that’s Dallas for you non football fans) amongst pre-teens and teenagers. I don’t know I think it’s funny. I know its heroin but its something that strikes the funny bone when kids with their faces cut off candidly talk about their addiction to cheese!!! I know this is a serious matter in Dallas but how can you not laugh when someone is addicted to cheese!!! Okay I’ll admit it my vice is Swiss. I can eat single slices all day long, but I never went into rehab for it. Can’t you see the hilarity of this situation? With all seriousness I hope these kids can kick this addiction.

Have you heard? A Judge from Washington DC is suing a local cleaner because of a pair of lost pants. Now I’m all for this. Given that it’s the cleaners responsibility for the well being of my clothing when I faithfully turn them over them, but this is were its gets ridiculous. The judge is suing for 54 million dollars. That’s 13 million less then the 67 million he was suing for. Again I’m all for suing the cleaners but come on, if this isn’t play for some self promotion then I don’t know what is. Dammit the cashier at Shop Rite didn’t give me the right change. I know instead of telling her that she short-changed me, I’m going to sue the Shop –Rite’s parent company for 55 million. Dammit that’s my change and its owed to me!!! You see how stupid this sounds? Judge get with it, and get over it, or should I say get over yourself. In the spirit or Stephen Colbert I have to wag my finger at Judge Roy Pearson. Shame on you!

And what is probably the most important news of the day, Don Herbert better known to us children of the 80’s and 70’s, 60’s and 50’s as Mr. Wizard, at the age of 89. In the age where Bill Nygh ( and no I don’t care if I misspelled it) and the guy from Beakman’s World (Paul Zaloom) are considered the favorite scientists for kids well in the early 90’s at least. Let’s give it up for the OG or the children’s scientific television game. All I can say is Mr. Wizard I can’t wait to hear you explain this one to me. Until next time don’t’ drink and drive, just drive and drink!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home