Saturday, July 7, 2007

The Sound Heard Around the World.

Today there is a big series of concerts going on called Live Earth. These concerts will take place on all seven continents including the Antarctica. These concerts will not raise any money but is meant to raise awareness about Global Warming or Climate Change as its now being referred to more and more these days. I'm always weary about big concerts like these that have a cause attached to them, with big names such as, Madonna, Bon Jovi, Snoop Dogg, Faith Hill, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Black Eyed Peas such to name a few, and I do mean few, I wonder if the message gets lost in the spectacle of it all. I'm not blaming it on the promoters but rather the listening audience. I wonder if they paid to go to these concerts to support the awareness of Climate Change or are they just there to see their favorite acts. Personally i think its the latter. Surely the lure of trying to save the planet is not what drove these patrons to reserve their seats for these mega concerts. I know that if there was a line-up that i could get excited about and the cause was AIDS prevention, or the proceeds went to AIDS/HIV research, I would care less about that just as long as I get to recite the lyrics of my favorite acts during a live performance. Hell I think you can have a concert for the spread of AIDS and with the right line-up it create a massive turnout. But I'm sure that the people going to the concerts will read the literature that was passed out at the door when they get home. They might read all of it, but I'm sure they will keep it in storage somewhere just to be sure that people know they were there. To enjoy some good music first and then, maybe if they can, think about the environment.

Until next time try not to kill yourself!!!

1 Comments:

At July 7, 2007 at 9:19 PM , Blogger Arminius said...

I wonder how much non-green energy it's taking to put on all these shows.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home