Monday, February 4, 2008

A Step Away From Perfection

Last night in the biggest game of the year in all of American sports, it wasn't David versus Goliath, but Goliath versus the Giants, with Goliath being the undefeated New England Patriots and the Giants being the New York Giants. So who came out in this battle of giants, well the Giants of course. That's right the New York Giants upset the team of destiny, the New England Patriots by the score of 17-14. As a Dallas Cowboys fan I'm was pissed when the Giants beat them in the divisional playoff round and eventually went on to win the Super Bowl, but I'm pleased that a team from the NFC East made it. Also being from New Jersey, I'm glad that a New Jersey team won it all ( sorry New York, but the Giants are a New York team in name only), but I have to be honest here, last night I was rooting for the Patriots. I mean how could you not. You had to be a Giants fan or a burned from the AFC east, to want to see the Pats lose. Just the entire history behind the win should have been enough for most people, just to be able to say I was there when an NFl team went 19-0 for the first time ever, but again I have to give credit to the Giants, but now what about the Patriots?

Losing the Super Bowl doesn't take anything away from the Patriots and what they did this season. The highest scoring offense ever, to go along with the 4th rated defense this season. Tom Brady, 50 touchdowns, Randy Moss, 23 touchdowns, both new NFL records for Quarterbacks and Receivers in a single season. This is a team that has set records, 19-0 is the absolute best but 18-1 is great, its just that the one loss game in the deciding game of the year. But anyone who tries to discredit this team just by this one loss is stupid. Plus taking them off the pedestal with the 72 Dolphins is crazy. Sure those Dolphins went undefeated, but that was a 14 game season and the Dolphins hardly played any teams with a winning record. These Patriots beat every team that appeared in the AFC playoffs and two teams that were in the NFC playoffs, also by the time the Patriots made it to the super bowl, they have already surpassed the 72 Dolphins record. We don't know if those Dolphins would've went undefeated in this 16 game system of today's NFL. We do know that the 2007-08 Patriots were 18-0 at one point. In my unbiased opinion, I would say that this New England Patriot team is the best NFL team ever, no doubts about. And the scary thing is that with the 7th over all pick in the draft, and if they resign Randy Moss, and get a little bit younger on their offensive line and in their defense. I would not be surprised if by this time next year the New England Patriots are in the Super Bowl again looking to go 19-0.

So this is very early, but I'm going to put them out there and stick to it. Here are my Super Bowl predictions for next year. representing the AFC will be either the New England Patriots or the San Diego Chargers. Representing the NFC will be the Dallas Cowboys or the New Orleans Saints. So there is you can quote me on this, and if my predictions hold up, I will be sending in my resume' to ESPN

Until next time.... try not cry for America's Sweetheart Tom Brady!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home